On October 24, 2019, the Commission authorized a short-term three-year lease to the SPHERE Institute for a shoreside park. The lease gives the SPHERE Institute site control to conduct studies and complete site analysis. The lease requires SPHERE to provide public access, including free public parking security monitoring for safety, and complete vegetation maintenance to reduce fire risk.
- Opinion: State should approve new San Francisco Bay nature park – 10/23/19 The Mercury News
- Shoreline park on Peninsula would provide natural climate-change buffer – 10/22/19 San Francisco Chronicle
- Speak Up for Burlingame Shoreline Park on the San Francisco Bay! – 10/17/19 Committee for Green Foothills
- Open Space Park or Hotel? The Future of the Burlingame Shoreline Could Set a Precedent for Climate Adaptation – 09/03/19 Bay Nature
- Long-Forgotten Burlingame Bayfront Land Caught in Bidding War – 08/25/19 KQED News