Leases and Permits
- Surface and Submerged Lands Lease
- Geothermal, Mineral, or Oil and Gas Lease
- Tomales Bay, Mooring Lease
- Geological and Geophysical Survey Lease
Please contact the Land Management Division at (916) 574-1940 for assistance prior to submitting an application, particularly for projects that may involve new construction, reconstruction or improvement modifications. Please submit the fees outlined in the application and ensure you return all of the application pages.
Applications must include the below information. Please email Chandra Basavalinganadoddi if you have questions.
- A description and map of the state lands involved.
- The applicant's name, address, and citizenship status. If the applicant is a corporation, the corporate name and status, the name of the president, the secretary, and an officer authorized to execute contracts and leases and receive service of process.
- A description of the proposed survey method.
- The dates when the survey will start and finish.
- The purpose for conducting the survey.
and Lucky Drive FAQs
These Frequently Asked Questions aid in assisting the public in understanding the Commission's leasing jurisdiction in Corte Madera Creek at Boardwalk One and Lucky Drive.
Lake Tahoe Benchmarks
Rent / Benchmarks
Commission lease terms may run from several months to 49 years. Rent is generally based upon a percent of the land value or an established benchmark appraisal. Below are the benchmarks we use to establish uniform rental rates:
Surface and Submerged Lands Lease
Land Management Division
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 100 South
Mineral Resources Management Division
200 Oceangate, 12th Floor
Long Beach, CA 90802