Executive Summary Tables
The MOTEMS Executive Summary (ES) Tables are structured to concisely communicate a marine oil terminal's fitness-for-purpose status, based on audit, inspection and evaluation results. These Tables are required to be maintained up-to-date in accordance with the MOTEMS Section 3102F.3 requirements.
Tables ES-1A, 1B and 1C (MOTEMS Tables 31F-2-7A through 7C) are intended to assert a terminal's fitness-for-purpose for operational (i.e. operating, mooring and berthing), seismic (including oil transfer pipelines) and inspected conditions (based on above and below water structural inspections). Assessment ratings are assigned to structures, systems and overall berths in the form of operational structural (OSARs), seismic structural (SSARs) and inspection condition (ICARs) assessment ratings in Tables ES-1A, 1B and 1C, respectively.
Table ES-2 (MOTEMS Table 31F-2-8) is intended to assert a terminals' structural, mechanical and electrical component deficiencies and assigned remedial action priorities.
Example Executive Summary Tables:
- Table ES-1A Global Operational Structural Assessment Ratings (OSARs)
- Table ES-1B Global Seismic Structural Assessment Ratings (SSARs)
- Table ES-1C Global Inspection Condition Assessment Ratings (ICARs)
- Table ES-2 Component Deficiency Remedial Action Priorities (RAPs)
The Executive Summary Tables template is provided in Excel format below. Please note that this template is consistent with the codified table formats and shall be strictly abided, including all specified footnote requirements.
Audit Manual and Checklists
The MOTEMS Audit Manual provides a structured template for methodically documenting a marine oil terminal's characteristics and assessing compliance during MOTEMS audits. The Manual is a compilation of 11 Checklists, one for each substantive Division/Section of MOTEMS. While not required for MOTEMS compliance purposes, these checklists have proven to be useful tools for compliance assessment and communications between terminal owners and operators, MOTEMS audit teams, and the Commission.
The "draft" MOTEMS Audit Manual templates (revised May 5, 2017) are available upon request. Please note that these templates may require updates.
- Regulations and Rulemaking - current and archived
- Lempert-Keene-Seastrand Oil Spill Prevention and Response Act of 1990
- 2016 CCR, Title 24, Part 2 - California Building Code, Chapter 31F - Marine Oil Terminals (effective January 1, 2017)
- 2013 CCR, Title 24, Part 2 - California Building Code, Chapter 31F - Marine Oil Terminals (including January 1, 2014 Errata) (effective January 1, 2014)
- 2010 CCR, Title 24, Part 2, California Building Code, Chapter 31F - Marine Oil Terminals (effective January 1, 2011)
- 2007 CCR, Title 24, Part 2, California Building Code, Chapter 31F - Marine Oil Terminals (effective January 1, 2008)
- 2001 CCR, Title 24, Part 2, California Building Code, Chapter 31F - Marine Oil Terminals (effective February 6, 2006)
Dr. Avinash Nafday, P.E. (562) 499-6312